How it's made
We proudly make our ice cream the old fashioned, traditional way, so it tastes just like it was homemade. As you’d expect, we use only the finest, farm fresh ingredients and flavour it with the highest quality, all natural ingredients from all over the world. Some of the flavourings include pure Madagascar vanilla extract, Belgian chocolate, rich Dutch process cocoa and chocolate liquor, aromatic Colombian coffee, fresh ripe fruits from Cyprus, chocolate cookies from America, dark rum from Jamaica, dulce de Leche caramel from Argentina etc.
Here’s how we make our ice cream:
- First, fresh whole milk, fresh cream, fresh eggs and fresh ripe fruits are delivered to our plant every day to ensure our ice cream is the freshest ice cream around.
- Next, the milk, cream, eggs and sugar are carefully blended in proper proportions to make an ice cream mix.
- The mix is then pasteurized by heating it to 80ºC for 25 seconds.
- Next, the mix is homogenized to create a soft, uniform consistency that is smooth and creamy.
- After homogenization, the hot mix is quickly cooled down to 5ºC.
- The mix is then transferred to the ageing tanks where it is aged for 24 to 48 hours at 4ºC to further improve the texture. At this stage we add our all natural flavouring ingredients such as unpreserved extracts, fresh fruits, coffee etc.
- From the ageing tanks the mix is passed to the continuous freezers where air is whipped into the mix while it is being frozen. However, the air content in our ice cream is less than half that of commercial brands.
- With the use of the continuous freezers, dry flavouring ingredients such as nuts, chocolate chips and cookies are added after the freezing by an ingredient feeder.
- Then the finished product is packaged. Immediately afterwards, the ice cream goes to the hardening tunnel where it is further hardened at -40ºC.
- Finally, there’s storing and shipping. The ice cream is stored in the cold warehouse at -30ºC until it is shipped out to stores.
Most ice cream manufacturers have only one basic mix recipe for all of their flavours. Unlike most, we use a different mix formulation for each and every flavour to create the perfect balance of ingredients for optimum flavour.
Quality tests take place at every stage of production. Our commitment is to maintain the highest standards of food safety and quality in accordance with the ISO 22000, HACCP food safety system, the ISO 9001 quality management system, the OHSAS 18001 occupational health & safety management system and the International Ice Cream Association.